2C-B is a hallucinogenic drug first synthesised by Alexander Shulgin in 1974. Its effects are considered to be somewhere between those of LSD and MDMA and vary greatly depending on the dose. 2C-B is available as powder, pills or capsules and is almost always taken orally due to how painful and intense it is to snort.
Effects | Dosage | Advice | Support
If taken orally, the effects of 2CB will take about 45 minutes to an hour to come on and will last from 4-8 hours (dose dependent).
- Visual and auditory hallucinations
- Spiritual connection with the earth and other people
- Enhanced sensory awareness (touch, sight, sound)
- Increased libido
- Increased energy
- Distortion of time
- Anxiety and paranoia
Dosage will depend on a number of factors including tolerance, gender and how it’s taken (either nasally or orally). This is a guide only.
- Threshold – 2-5 mg
- Light – 5-15 mg
- Common – 15-25 mg
- Strong – 25 mg +
2C-B is highly dose sensitive. Lower doses will be more MDMA-like, higher doses will produce a full psychedelic experience. Taking doses over 25 mg will greatly increase the risk of having a bad trip.
Because 2C-B is so dose sensitive we highly recommend weighing doses with scales accurate to 0.001
Harm Reduction Advice
- If you have access to powder 2C-B, always weigh your dose with a milligram scale. A 15mg dose will produce a very different experience to a 30mg dose and it is not possible to measure this just by looking at two piles of powder.
- Consider your set and setting. If you’re feeling worried/anxious/depressed or you’re not in a pleasant environment its probably best to save your drugs for another day when you’re more likely to have a fun experience.
- If you’re having a bad trip, remind yourself you have taken a drug and that the effects will wear off soon.
- Consider having a ‘trip sitter’, someone who remains sober and can help out if someone is having a bad time.
- If someone can’t be ‘talked down’ from a bad trip, consider seeking medical assistance.
- Don’t snort 2C-B as it is incredibly painful and damaging to your nose. You’ll also start tripping almost immediately which isn’t ideal if you’re in the midst of a massive nose bleed.
- Be mindful that 2C-B has some stimulant properties so make sure you drink plenty of water and if you’re dancing make sure you take break so you don’t overheat.
- Do not attempt to get in the car and drive. Make sure you find a safe alternative.
The Drop is BDP’s one stop shop for support, advice and resources around party drugs.
VISIT THE DROP
Visit drugsand.me for more information.