Our services are open for everyone living in Bristol, no matter where you are from or what language you speak. Find out how we can support you and provide you with a translator if necessary.
We have a Diverse Communities Link Worker committed to making our services accessible for all and to make sure communities that currently are under-represented in drugs services feel as if they can approach us for support.
If you cannot speak or read English, or it is your second-language and you require additional support, then we can provide with translation services so you can get the information you require in a way you can understand.
If you struggle to read and communicate in English, we are able to provide a translation service so that you can get the information you require. We can also provide a translator for face to face meetings. To enquire or request information in a different format please get in contact.
Upon request, we will be able to provide necessary materials translated into different languages through The Big Word. We can also provide you with a translator at face-to-face appointments. To enquire or request information in an other format please get in contact.
We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the broadest possible audience, regardless of language or literacy. Our website is currently trialling Browsealoud, an in-browser toolbar that hosts various reading and translation support – helping you access and understand our website better.
How does Browsealoud help?
- Text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- Translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- Text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- Mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- Screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- Webpage simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text, allows for simplified webpage printing.
To find out how else you can improve your access to this website, visit our Accessibility page.