BDP Youth Work

Our BDP Youth Work team provide free and confidential support around alcohol and drugs for children and young people aged 11 – 19 years old* throughout Bristol.

We offer 1-to-1 sessions for young people who use alcohol or drugs. At our 1-to-1s they will meet a BDP Youth Worker who will support them around their alcohol or drug use by focusing on their individual risks. Sessions can continue up to 12 weeks; some might be less and some may require more.

We also offer group workshops. This could be where a group of young people are identified as being vulnerable to the effects of alcohol or drugs, or involved with related risk-taking behaviour e.g. less healthy relationships or anti social behaviour.

Accessing support

BDP Youth Work can be accessed at schools, colleges, training academies, alternative learning provisions and other youth services across Bristol. We can also work flexibly and meet young people in alternative community settings. If they attend college or school outside of Bristol or have left education we can meet them in different venues.

Find a selection of some of the places we can offer support in our Youth Work Map below.

If you are a professional who wants to refer a young person, you can fill out a referral form found on our lead partner service, Creative Youth Network’s website. You will see the option for help for a young person using drugs or alcohol or if affected by someone else use towards the end of the form.

For more information, or if you are a parent or carer, please contact our team on 0117 987 6008.

Make a referral

*Up to 25 years old where there are Learning Difficulties and Disabilities

Complex needs

If a young person has multiple or complex health or social needs, such as mental health needs, they should receive support through the Young People’s Substance Misuse Treatment Service. They are part of the NHS’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). Find out more about how CAMHS supports young people. If a young person has involvement with Social Care services, the social worker can refer you to the specialist team at the Drugs and Young People’s Project.