(shrooms, mushies, liberty caps)
Magic mushrooms are mushrooms that contain Psilocybin, the substance that causes a hallucinogenic effect. There are over 180 known species of magic mushroom found all across the globe but the most common in the UK is the Liberty Cap (Psilocybe Semilanceata).
Effects | Dosage | Advice | Support
The effects of magic mushrooms should take 10-60 minutes to kick in and last around 4-6 hours. The experience will be effected by the environment you take them in.
- Visual hallucinations
- Auditory hallucinations
- Distortions of time
- Spiritual connection to the earth and other people
It’s not possible to give an accurate dosing guide for magic mushrooms. Dose will vary with each batch and species. Start low and take it slow.
Harm Reduction Advice
- Be mindful of your set and setting. If your feeling anxious, depressed or aren’t in a nice environment the risk you’ll have a bad time will be increased. Save your drugs for another day.
- The risk of having a bad time increases at higher doses. Start low, take it slow and be aware the effects can take a while to kick in.
- Use with people you know and trust in a calm, safe environment, especially I you’re new to psychedelic drugs.
- If someone is having a bad trip, remind them that they have taken drugs and that the effects will wear off soon. Be calm and reassuring. If they can’t be talked down, or you feel out of your depth, seek medical assistance.
- Consider having a ‘trip sitter’, someone who remains sober and can help out if someone is having a bad time.
- Be incredibly careful if you go mushroom picking. Misidentified mushrooms are much more likely to put you in hospital than magic mushrooms themselves.
- Do not attempt to get in a car and drive. Make sure you find a safe alternative.
The Drop is BDP’s one stop shop for support, advice and resources around party drugs.
Visit The Drop
Drug use Feedback
Visit drugsand.me for more information.