Our Family Team run a free and confidential youth group for children and young people who are living with a family member who uses alcohol or drugs. Find out how you can volunteer to support young people in Bristol.
What is involved?
For the Young Person
- Our Youth Group runs twice a month for 5-10 year-olds and monthly for 10-16 year-olds on Monday evenings 4.45pm – 6.45pm, for young people affected by their parent’s drug or alcohol use. We arrange transport to collect and drop off the young people.
For the Volunteer
- Youth Group volunteers receive 5 sessions of initial training and can volunteer with either or both age groups.
- We ask volunteers to be available from 3pm – 8pm on the days they are volunteering at our Youth Groups to help with picking up and dropping off the young people (transport is provided).
- Volunteers attend monthly supervision with the Youth Group workers and co-ordinator.
- Volunteers are asked to commit for one year.