Could you make a positive impact on a young person's life? If so please read on:
BDP's Youth Groups are part of the Family Support Service, and offered to young people aged 8 - 16 who are affected by parental alcohol or substance misuse.
What is involved?
For the Young Person
- M32 Youth Group runs twice a month for 5-10 year olds and monthly for 10-16 year olds on Monday evenings 4.45pm - 6.45pm, for young people affected by their parent's drug or alcohol use. We arrange transport to collect and drop off the young people.
For the Volunteer
- Youth Group volunteers receive 5 sessions of initial training and can volunteer with either or both age groups.
- We ask volunteers to be available from 3pm - 8pm on the days they are volunteering at M32 Youth Groups to help with picking up and dropping off the young people (transport is provided).
- Volunteers attend monthly supervision with the Youth Group workers and M32/Mentoring co-ordinator.
- Volunteers are asked to commit for one year.
How to apply
For more information please call the Family Team on 0117 987 6009.